Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OUT ON THE RANCH..........6-16-09

6-16-09
OUT ON THE RANCH it is another gorgeous day!! I didn’t make it up for the sunrise this morning…….SURPRISE…SURPRISE!! But I am up early enough to do my devotions and drink some coffee before the day begins. We have the Community Church from Elk City out with us for a few days. Robert and Becki Chaney are leading the group. The group spent the afternoon in the pool yesterday. This morning they are going to go paintballing. I played one time. There just isn’t enough oxygen on the ranch for this fat boy to be running around on sand hills in the heat. Today the heat of summer begins, according to NOAA. The next three days we are going to be near 100 degrees. Air conditioning and the swimming pool become a necessity from now till September.
The Bermuda grass is going crazy with all this moisture, sunshine, and warmer temperatures. Living on the ranch brings alive some of the descriptions used in Scripture.
John 8:12
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." NKJV
IT IS THE LIGHT OF THE “SUN” THAT BRINGS LIFE TO MY BERMUDA GRASS AND IT IS THE LIGHT OF THE “SON” THAT BRINGS LIFE TO MY SOUL.
John 6:35
35 And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. NKJV
IT IS THE RAIN THAT QUENCHES THE THIRST OF MY BERMUDA GRASS AND IT IS THE “SON” THAT QUENCHES MY THIRST FOR SPIRITUAL LIFE
Matt 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
NKJV
What a gift God has given us in the person of His Son Jesus Christ. He brings warmth and comfort to our needy soul. He quenches our thirst for spiritual drink. He is also the “Bread of Life”. He fills us with Himself. More and more I “understand” that He is all that I need. We think we need the bread of this life, but God knows we need the bread of LIFE.
John 6:51
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
NKJV
GOD BLESS
ALWAYS YOUR FRIEND
RIDGE

No comments: